Sunday 27 April 2014

My pursuit of Happiness


A journey from darkness to light


I wrote this letter at a time in my life where my world wasn’t as bright as I would have liked it to be and I wanted to share it with you. There may have been a time in your life where you lost your happiness. I just want to acknowledge that you’re not alone and that wherever you are on your journey to rekindle with happiness there are many others who have walked that path before you or are walking that path with you.


The night I wrote this letter I felt as if I had opened the gates of emotion and bared my soul to the universe. This letter was the most honest representation of my feelings that I had acknowledged for as long as I could remember and although my happiness isn't a being as such, I knew that it may as well have been because it was the most important thing to me at this point in my life. 

That night after I wrote this letter I fell into a deep sleep and dreamed of looking up into the night sky and visioning 4 moons. In dream interpretation the presence of 4 moons signifies sudden and great change and symbolises the beginning of a new cycle. It was from that morning that I began noticing a change in myself almost instantaneously. The world seemed brighter again. I almost wanted to pinch myself to see if what I was feeling was actual reality or whether I was still dreaming. 

I encourage you, if you are going through a challenging time in your life, to write a letter. It has been said that to write a letter is to release all the things going on in your mind. Once they are there on paper in front of you, transferred out of your mind, that is when they are undefendable to acceptance. It is acceptance which is then the key transition to healing. 

Life is a continual process of becoming. There isn’t a place we ‘arrive’ at, rather a series of experiences that challenge and change us and give us opportunity to heal and grow all while allowing us to become the best version of ourselves that we can be and the happiest version of ourselves that we can be.

I wish you all the best on your pursuit of happiness and I hope that my blog sheds a little inspiration on that journey.

Love B

My pursuit of Happiness – A letter to an old friend

Dear Happiness,

Where did you go? I have missed you dearly.

I have now lost count of the days we have been disconnected. The longer you’re gone the more rapidly the memory of you fades away like a Polaroid in reverse and I begin questioning myself and asking myself whether or not you were ever really here at all.

It’s different now that you’re gone. You allowed me to see the world through an alternative perspective and take from it the magic that it has to offer. That magic is invisible to me now but oh how I do miss it.  The sun was mad at me the other day for it was the first time that I did not acknowledge it’s warm rays upon my cheek, the same way I did not recognise the radiant autumn tone of the leaves as they fell so elegantly off the trees. My perception is off you see, now that you’re gone.

The negativity and pessimism took over when you left. Their army grew larger and stronger when they found out that positivity and optimism left to search for you. Now they have even more allies, hopelessness and restlessness. I cannot let them consume me although I do not know how I can triumph without you.

I don’t know why you have left me, dear happiness. I remember the days we sat side by side through all of the great milestones and all of the great moments of life. You have always been there for me, encouraged me, and believed in me. Now, at a time where my mind has become a place of darkness, I need you more than ever. Please come back soon.

Much love
Me

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






No comments:

Post a Comment